Odisha takes part in cruise tourism conference
Published on : Thursday, May 19, 2022
A delegation consisting of the Director, Tourism and Head, Project Management Unit of Odisha Tourism was delegated to join the Cruise Tourism Conference in Mumbai from 14-15 May 2022.
In the panel discussion held on ‘Cruise Tourism: Success stories and Destination Development’, Sachin Jadhav, Director-Tourism gave a comprehensive presentation on Odisha’s strategic advantages regarding cruise tourism – sea-based & river-based, measures taken by the Odisha stategovernment to progress&uphold this section of tourism.
Mr. Jadhavalso spoke about thenewest initiatives and products and different benefits which the Odisha government offers to investors and tour operators regarding the growth and development of cruise tourism in Odisha. The Odisha delegation held G2B & G2G meetings with various stakeholders who took part in the conference.
Luxury Houseboat in Chilika, which is a unique concept, would be launched soon for commercial operations.
• Packages with overnight stay alongwith full board meals, activities and cruising to cover different islands in Chilika
• 2 floors housing, 2 suite rooms & 4 premium rooms, bar & restaurant
• Open air lobby in upper deck for meetings & events
• Indigenously designed, developed and manufactured in Barkul, Odisha
• The project has been sanctioned by Odisha Tourism via single window mechanism.
The Silver City Boat Club in Cuttack was inaugurated on 14th April last year as an Urban Recreation Facility for Cuttack City and neighboring areas.